Sector Standards still playing an important role in China currently.
Six new sector standards on railways were published on December 11, 2019. The new railway sector standards are based on the old versions of those standards, the old version standards can still be used until July 1, 2020. New sector standards are listed below:
- TB/T 2056.1-2019 Railway Vehicle Part 1: The Electro-pneumatic Brake
- TB/T 2056.3-2019 Railway Vehicle Brake. Part 3: Air Brake
- TB/T 2841-2019 Railway Vehicle Air Suspension
- TB/T 456.1-2019 Automatic Coupler and Draft Gear of Locomotives for Rolling Stocks. Part 1: Requirements of Assembly
- TB/T 456.2-2019 Automatic Coupler and Draft Gear of Locomotives for Rolling Stock Part 2: Automatic Coupler and Accessories
- TB/T 3550.1-2019 Design and Testing Identification Specifications of Rolling Stock Hardness. Part 1: Passenger Train Body
The new standards were published by the National Railway Administration of China, which is responsible for the development and management of sector standards on railways.
According to Article 12 of the Standardization Law of China:
Sector standards may be developed for technical requirements that lack voluntary national standards and need to be unified within a certain industry across the country.
Sector standards shall be developed by the relevant administrative departments of the State Council and filed with the administrative department of standardization of the State Council.
Different government departments are expected to continually draft sector standards based on their responsibilities. All of those sector standards will be reported to SAC for recording. Currently, sector standards are still playing an important role in China, 70 industries in China still rely on sector standards. According to the 2020 China Standardization Report made by Mr. TIAN Shihong, in 2019, 3 new sector standards Codes had been approved including fire rescue, emergency management and national material reserve, 4880 new sector standards have been reported to SAC for recording, and 2665 sector standards have been annulled.
For the list of the Chinese sector standards and their abbreviations, please see the list below:
|Abbreviation (In Chinese)||Category|
|CY||Press and Publication|
|GH||Supply and Marketing Cooperatives|
|GY||Radio, Film and Television|
|LD||Labor and working safety|
|RB||Certification and accreditation|
|SF||Administration of justice|
|SN||Entry and exit inspection and quarantine|
|WJ||Military and civilian products|
|WW||Preservation of cultural relics|
|ZY||Traditional Chinese Medicine|