NDRC, MEE and five agencies jointly released ‘2019 green industry guiding catalogue’ on 6th March 2019 in order to:
- enact policies to strengthen green industry development
- combine catalogue with investment, pricing, and financial policies to improve catalogue practicality
- set up a green industry professional committee to provide guidance on building industry standards
- promote exchange of experience domestically and internationally on green industry development
- combine catalogue with existing green industry policies and adjust the scope of policies based on catalogue
- update catalogue to adapt to new policies in environmental protection
Six key industries are included:
- Energy-saving and environmental protection industry is mainly engaged in resources and energy conservation and recycling, environmental protection equipment manufacturing and industrial activities related industries. It mainly includes the manufacture of high-efficiency energy-saving equipment, advanced environmental protection equipment, resource recycling equipment, new energy vehicles and green ships, energy-saving transformation, pollution control and resource recycling.
- Cleaner production industry mainly refers to the industries related to waste reduction, resource utilization and harmlessness in the whole process of production. It mainly includes green upgrading of industrial park, non-toxic and harmless alternative use of raw materials and treatment of hazardous waste, treatment and disposal of waste gas in production process and comprehensive utilization of resources, water saving in production process, treatment and disposal of waste water and comprehensive utilization of resources, treatment and disposal of waste residue in production process and comprehensive utilization of resources.
- Clean energy industry is mainly to build a clean, efficient and systematic energy production system for equipment manufacturing and related facilities construction and operation. It mainly includes the manufacture of new energy and clean energy equipment, the construction and operation of clean energy facilities, the clean and efficient utilization of traditional energy, and the efficient operation of energy systems.
- Eco-environmental industry mainly serves the protection and restoration of ecosystem in China, optimizes the ecological security barrier, and improves the quality and stability of ecosystem. It mainly includes ecological agriculture, ecological protection and ecological restoration.
- Green upgrading of infrastructure is mainly to enhance the greening degree of major infrastructure construction and improve the people’s green living standards. It mainly includes building energy saving and green building, green transportation, environmental infrastructure, urban energy infrastructure, sponge city, landscape greening and so on.
- Green service mainly refers to the industry that provides intellectual support and professional services for related green industries. It mainly includes consulting services, project operation management, project evaluation, audit and verification, monitoring and testing, technical product certification and promotion, etc.
Air pollution prevention and control equipment manufacturing, coal consumption reduction substitution, comprehensive treatment of urban dust, cooking fume control, industrial desulfurization, denitrification and dust removal transformation, gasification of key areas of air pollution, ultra-low emission transformation of coal-fired power plants, comprehensive treatment of volatile organic compounds and other industries are listed in the Catalogue.
The difference from the existing green industry in the world is that the clean production and utilization of coal is generally considered not to belong to the category of green industry in the world, but coal still accounts for more than 60% of primary energy production in China. Cleaner production and utilization of coal is very important for the green development and included in the Catalogue.