On 9th March, MIIT and SAC jointly issued the Guidelines for the Construction of Integrated Industrial Internet Standardization System.
1. Basic Common Standards. Basic Common Standards mainly regulate the universality and guiding standards of industrial Internet, including terminology definition, common requirements, architecture, testing and evaluation, management and other standards.
- Terminology Definition Standards: It mainly regulates the related concepts of industrial Internet, and provides support for the formulation of other parts of the standards, including the definition, classification and relationship between the main concepts such as industrial Internet scene, technology, business, etc.
- General Requirement Standard: It mainly regulates the general capability requirements of industrial Internet, including business, function, performance, security, reliability and management
- Architectural standards: including the industrial Internet architecture and the reference architecture of each part, in order to define the object, boundary, hierarchical relationship and internal relationship of each part of the industrial Internet.
- Test and evaluation criteria: mainly standardize the test requirements of industrial Internet technology, equipment/products and systems, as well as the maturity requirements of industrial Internet application areas, application enterprises and projects, including test methods, evaluation indicators, evaluation methods, etc.
- Management standards: mainly standardize the management requirements of the responsible subjects and key elements in the construction and operation of industrial Internet system, including operation, management, service, transaction, distribution and performance
2. Sector standards
- Network and Connection Standards, Network and connection standards mainly include intra network, external network, industrial equipment/product network, network equipment, network resource management, interconnection and other standards
- Identification Analysis Standard, mainly include coding and storage, identification data acquisition, parsing, data interaction, equipment and middleware, heterogeneous identification interoperability
- Edge Computing Standard, mainly includes three parts: edge equipment standard, edge intelligent standard and capability open standard
- Platform and Data Standards, mainly include data acquisition standards, resource management and configuration standards, industrial big data standards, industrial micro-service standards, application development environment standards, and platform interoperability
- Industrial APP Standard, includes industrial APP development standard, industrial APP application standard and industrial APP service standard
3. Security Standards, mainly include equipment security, control system security, network security, data security, platform security, application security, security management
China plans by 2020, an industrial Internet standard system should be initially established, focusing on the development of industrial development urgent standards such as factory intranet, network resource management, edge equipment, heterogeneous identification interoperability, industrial big data, industrial micro-services, industrial APP development and deployment, and safety capability assessment. Develop more than 10 basic common standards such as “Industrial Internet Architecture”. Develop “Industrial Internet Time Sensitive Network Technology Requirements”, “Industrial Internet IPv6 Address Allocation Technical Requirements”, “Industrial Internet Identity Resolution System Requirements”, “Industrial Internet Platform Functional Architecture”, “Industrial Internet Industry APP Requirements”, “Industrial Internet Network Security More than 30 general standards such as “Total Overall Requirements” and more than 20 application standards such as “Individualized Customization Classification Guide for Industrial Internet” have been developed. By 2025, more than 100 standards will be formulated, and a unified, comprehensive and open industrial Internet standard system will be basically established, covering the key technologies, products, management and application needs of the industrial Internet.
Meanwhile, all involved standards are expected to apply with application standards like intelligent production standards, personalized customization standards, network collaboration standards, service transformation standards. The vertical industries includes automobile, aerospace, petrochemical, mechanical manufacturing, light industrial appliances, electronic information, etc. Accordingly technical specification and management standards shall be developed.