On 28th January, SAC released draft “Main points of national standardization work in 2019” and called for public comments. SESEC has translated the working plan and summarizes the main contents as follow:
I. Reform of standardization work
1. Streamlining and optimization of national standards.
- Further clarify the dual attributes of “regulations” and “standards” of mandatory national standards, and improve the institutional mechanisms for the revision and implementation work of mandatory national standards;
- Promote reforming measures for mandatory national standards such as “mandatory full text in replace of mandatory provision”, “no longer signing drafting units and drafters” and “adding implementation information feedback channels to standards”;
- Vigorously promote the integration and reduction of mandatory standards, and promote the integration of sectoral standards and local standards that still need to be mandatory into mandatory national standards.
2. Management of ministerial level standards: Organize and carry out self-examination and clean-up of sectoral standards, strengthen sectoral standard review and revision, and promote the transformation of basic and general standards across departments and industries into recommended national standards.
3. Local standards management: Strictly limit the scope of local standards, and prevent actions of eliminating or restricting market competition such as using local standards to hinder the free circulation of commodities and services. Center on the local party committee government work, organize the development of local standards, and continuously optimize the local standards system.
II. To improve the standard level and build a more advanced and applicable standard system
- In the fields of children’s products, household appliances, furniture, cosmetics, etc., accelerate the formulation of a number of mandatory national standards with broad coverage and applicability, and simultaneously promote the formulation of recommended standards coordinated with mandatory standards, so that the people can purchase, use and eat without worries;
- Strengthen the construction of a manufacturing standard system and strive to reach 90% conversion and adoption rate of international standards in key fields;
- Accelerate the improvement of next-generation information technology standards systems such as artificial intelligence, integrated circuits, Internet of things, big data, network security, smart cities, and Internet of vehicles, strengthen the construction and application of standard systems such as industrial Internet, robots, and informationization and industrialization integrated management and promote the in-depth integration of informationization and industrialization.
- Deeply participate in international standardization
- Accelerate the process of international and domestic standards integration
- Implement the collaborative construction of “Belt and Road” action plan
Please follow the links below for free download